Friend of Goddard Grant
This scholarship allows Goddard alumni to recommend friends or colleagues to Goddard College for any degree program. If accepted to a program, the recommended student will be awarded a one-time $1,000 grant dispersed over two semesters.
- To be eligible for this grant, applicants must have a personal relationship with an alumni, staff, Goddard trustee or former trustee, faculty member, or program director who will write one of the applicant’s recommendation letters as part of the Admissions process.
- To obtain the grant, a student must be accepted and enroll for the fall 2013 and spring 2014 semesters The grant cannot be applied to future semesters if a student decides to defer.
To avoid a conflict of interest:
- Program directors and faculty members cannot write Letters of Recommendation for students admitted to the program they work in;
- Letters of Recommendation cannot be written for an immediate family member;
- Letters of recommendation cannot be written by currently enrolled students.
Letters of recommendation include the following information:
- "Friend of Goddard" written at the top of the letter.
- The writer's name and contact information;
- A description of the writer's relationship with the College (alumni, staff, faculty, etc.);
- The name of the applicant, the writer’s relationship to this person, and why the writer is recommends the applicant for Goddard;
Letters of recommendation should can be sent directly by the writer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF or Word attachment, or by standard mail to: Goddard College Admissions Office, 123 Pitkin Rd., Plainfield, VT 05667.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 800.906.8312.